Sunday, October 23, 2011

Episode 5: Revealation

....I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to tell her how I felt. Those were words haunting my mind during that time...

January 2005,

And so I made up my mind. I told myself I am going to tell her how I feel. I was contemplating how should I do this. I prepared lots of scripts and drafts to be said to her. Those conversational drafts were really multitudinous, coming in all forms and shapes. All these, however, were pretty futile as those things were not really handy by the time when I met her and wanted to speak to her. So it happened...

It was a moonlit night, it was still dark around and dawn had yet to break. I inched my way into the school, went upstairs into the classroom and then came down to the lower corridors after settling my paraphernalia down in the classroom. I virtually had gone to the school way earlier than I used to be, on that day, as I did not want her to come any earlier than I did. I was by the corridor which led up into our classroom, waiting for her to come. I really could not say I had got the patience of a Saint but I usually could wait for someone for a very long time. This time, however, time seemed to pass to slow, every minute and second ticked by seemed like forever. I had lots of butterflies in my stomach during that time, not just one or two, but abundant. My heartbeat grew so swift that I would be deemed a serious case if hospitalized. I waited and waited, and after some time...

One familiar-looking girl walked the way towards me, with a red bag carried on her back. It was her. She finally had come. She came, thankfully. I stood there like a frozen statue, looking at her as she paced her way towards me. Some of my acquaintance passed by, staring at me like an alien, not knowing what was I doing standing there. Nevertheless, they never did ask anything, how peculiar. She came near to me, and was about to make her turn towards the corridor. I stopped her, calling her name, for the very first time.

"Anonymous, can you please come down for a while after putting your things up there?" I asked.

She nodded her head, saying nothing more. Nothing less as expected from her I guess, she was that silent type after all. That personality of her was what attracted me to her so much, as I had always been interested in silent lasses.

It was such a cold night, zephyrs flowed by piercing into my bones, aggravating my nerves. It took her so long to just put her bag and came down. It took her more than 10 minutes. I was wondering if she would actually come down whilst I waited for her. I was worried if she was just entertaining me with a nod. I waited and waited again, and 10 minutes passed like 10 years, then she finally walked down the corridor.

I saw her coming and my apprehension just got from bad to worse, exacerbating. I was so ever ready to just say those memorized scripts and dialogues that I had prepared...

No comments:

Post a Comment